BERTHA BARBER ELEMENTARY
Location: 1402 Main Street
Grades Served: PK-6
History: In 1951, after a successful $30,000 bond vote, the Bellevue Board of Education purchased three sites for future schools to meet the demands of a rapidly growing community. One was for the North Ward School, which was constructed and opened in October of 1955. In the spring of 1955, the Board voted unanimously to name North Ward as Bertha Barber Elementary School after Miss Barber who was in her 44th year of teaching in Bellevue. Miss Bertha Barber holds the all-time service record of all Bellevue teachers, 45 years of teaching in Bellevue.
School Mascot: Bertha Barber Bobcats
School Colors: Royal Blue and White
School Purpose: To help all children realize their full potential as responsible citizens and learners.
Principal: Sue Fjelstad
- Roof Replacement (Entire Building)
School Improvement Planning Begins
Anticipated Construction Start
Anticipated Construction Completion