PETER SARPY ELEMENTARY
Location: 2908 Vandenberg Avenue
Grades Served: PK-6
History: On May 20, 1959, the Secretary of the Air Force and the Bellevue Public Schools entered into a lease agreement to permit the school district to build and operate a public school, at the Offutt Family Housing Annex to be known as Capehart Housing. Peter Sarpy, dedicated on April 20, 1961, was the first of three elementary schools to be built in Capehart on Air Force property. The school was named after Peter A. Sarpy, the pioneer politician who, in 1854, organized the Bellevue Town Company, which incorporated our city.
School Mascot: Peter Sarpy Dolphins
School Colors: Blue and White
School Purpose: To develop successful 21st Century learners and responsible citizens.
Principal: Jeremy J. Weber
- Upgrades for Fire Safety
- Upgrades of Mechanical Systems
- Technology Upgrades
- Upgrades for Safety and Security
- Roof Replacement (Kindergarten Wing)
School Improvement Planning Begins
Anticipated Construction Start
Anticipated Construction Completion